Friday, October 22, 2010

LA Fellow: Genine Chambers

Hello! My name is Genine Chambers and I have the honor of being in the esteemed first cohort of LA Fellows. I originally learned about LA Fellows after attending a Job Fair. I decided to apply because I recognized the unique opportunity that was being made available to the group. The opportunity to gain invaluable professional development training for free, try out some job skills in a very appreciative non-profit environment, and to network with other professionals both in LA Fellows and in the non-profit.

The application process included going to an orientation meeting, filling out an application, being selected for an interview, and then being offered a place in the first cohort. The training has made it all worthwhile. We have been exposed to skills like Emotional Intelligence, Leadership skills, Conflict Resolution, and Advanced Computer skills. The Fellows themselves are a tremendous group of highly skilled and professional individuals. It is an honor to say that I am one of them.

Thank you all for a tremendous opportunity.

Genine

No comments:

Post a Comment