Monday, April 4, 2011

Two Weeks After

It’s funny, but since graduating from the LA Fellows a couple of weeks ago, I’ve never been busier!




Between (a little) online job hunting, (a lot) of networking events, (as many as possible) informational interviews and (a huge amount of) career development, I’m sure working will be a breeze compared to this!



We’ve been taught to keep the pipeline filled and make sure we’ve done a list of 25 proactive things, to think of ways we can become entrepreneurs, to build relationships and make sure everyone knows what we’re looking for.



I wish they’d taught me how to live without sleep.



But all of that aside, I am having a great time exploring companies and positions that excite me, finding places to get experience in my field, meeting and talking to people who have careers like the one I want and supporting my fellow Fellows in the same.



Today I submitted to an online magazine, published my first column on a hyper-local news site in LA, http://oncentral.org/news/2011/03/29/there-is-more-to-the-farmers-market-than-meets-the/ had an interview and followed up on some applications from last week, volunteered at my son’s school and at my church and worked at my part-time job.



What did you do today to advance your career? Do you know what to do? Do you know how?



There is one more Cohort this spring of LA Fellows coming up. Join us! It’s a lot more exciting than you might think!



Wendy Stackhouse, Cohort 2 and Blogger since 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment